harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [compatibility] Compatibility guideline and HARMONY-2085
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:08:05 GMT
Guys,

have we agreed on toString compatibility? Our compatibility guideline
[1] says nothing about compatibility of toString results...

I think that we do not *need* to follow the RI in this case. Since
toString results are not documented and it will be strange to see an
application which is rely on them. Or we can discuss each case.

Thoughts?

The second question: should we apply the patch from HARMONY-2085 [2]
which just makes javax.swing.text.html.parser.Element.toString()
method compatible with RI.

SY, Alexey

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/compat.html