harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Brush up Harmony pages
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:45:57 GMT

I've applied your patch. It really makes the pages better looking. Thanks.

But I got two concerns about Cruise control testing description page [1]:
1. It does not have it's own title. Now the title is: "Apache Harmony
- Apache Harmony". I suggest "Apache Harmony - Build-test framework".
If no one objects I'll change the title.
2. Here is the "Prerequisites" chapter of the page:
=== cut ===
Basically, you need the same tools, as for building the Apache Harmony
components, like Java, Ant, C/C++ compilers, etc. Install the
following software:

1. Java JDK v5
2. Apache Ant
3. Subversion Client
Please see the other parts of the project for information on the
necessary toolchains.
=== cut ===
In the first part it says that we need all the tools for normal
Harmony build but the it requires to install only small part of them.

I think that we should remove the short list and provide a link to the
page with the all needed software.

SY, Alexey

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html

2006/11/3, Konovalova, Svetlana <svetlana.konovalova@intel.com>:
> Folks,
> To make the Harmony site nice-to-look, nice-to-read and easy-to-use, I've brushed up
certain pages [1-5] and created a new issue (HARMONY-2062), the patch is available.
> If you have time and desire, could you please look through these pages to check whether
they are up-to-date or not.
> I'd like to draw your attention to the "Framework for Testing Serialization" page [1],
where the "Negative Testing" section is missing. Can anybody create the necessary content
for it, please? ☺ or maybe we don't need it at all...
> Your suggestions/ideas are very welcome.
> [1]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.html
> [3]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/documentation/build_website.html
> [4]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/pkgnaming.html
> [5]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/testing.html