harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] JUnit consistency, practices
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:11:24 GMT
Ivan, Stepan,

I personally set +1 for removing main() method. Any script or command
line can be trivially modified to launch JUnit tests without main()
method: one should just add junit.textui.TestRunner class before a
test class name.

$ java -cp junit.jar junit.textui.TestRunner TestClass

I'm writing this trivial thing here because during our work on class
library test enabling it was FAQ N1 for all C/C++ developers.

Note, any JUnit test won't work without junit.jar anyway. If you have
junit.jar, you have a standard test runner, which is also quite
lightweight.

--
Thank you,
Alexei