harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] What should be improved in DRLVM Doxygen documentation?
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:41:35 GMT
Andrey,
I'm trying to create a documentation bundle according to your
architecture. Could you please help me to understand a list proposed
at http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DRLVM_Documentation_Interfaces_Classification
better?

1. What do you think about Egor's and Pavel's suggestions?

2. I cannot find java files in your list. Does VM expose any java interfaces?

3. Why have you placed the following files into the porting layer component?
vm/tests/unit/framework/testframe.h
vm/tests/unit/thread/test_performance.h
vm/tests/unit/thread/utils/thread_unit_test_utils.h
vm/tests/unit/ulist/unit_test.h
vm/tests/unit/ulist/unit_test_logger.h
vm/tests/unit/ulist/unit_test_main.h

4. I cannot find the following files in svn. Why they are here? Do you
have plans to commit them? Such non-existent files made doxygen to
report an error.
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_ClassLoadingMXBeanImpl.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_CompilationMXBeanImpl.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_GarbageCollectorMXBeanImpl.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryManagerMXBeanImpl.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryMXBeanImpl.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryNotificationThread.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryNotificationThreadShutdown.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryPoolMXBeanImpl.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_RuntimeMXBeanImpl.h
vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_ThreadMXBeanImpl.h

5. Have you intentionally missed the following header files?
gc_gen/src/common/gc_metadata.h
gc_gen/src/utils/sync_pool.h
gc_gen/src/utils/sync_queue.h
gc_gen/src/utils/sync_stack.h
gc_gen/src/utils/vector_block.h
include/open/thread.h
include/vm_properties.h

6. Why the following headers appear in your table twice?
port/include/apr_thread_ext.h
port/include/clog.h
port/include/cxxlog.h
port/include/lil.h