harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][net] issue H-1879 HttpURLConnectionTest
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:25:02 GMT
Gregory, this is a good question. Let me tell this long story.

Jimmy tried to run the test using J9 VM and the test passed. I beleive
Alexey Petrenko considered that fact as a justification to move the
bug to [drlvm] category. Alexey, is my understanding correct?

Why the test passed on J9? Denis found out that the issue with test is
actually server synchronization issue. It is not a surprise that our
VMs implement threading differently.

Then Denis proposed a fix which made a test less dependent from
synchronization.

On 11/22/06, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Denis Kishenko wrote:
> > Dear committers, please take a look on H-1879
>
> Is there a reason why this bug has drlvm category, and has [drlvm]
> prefix? I see from the history of this bug that it was transferred back
> and forth. The attached patches change only classlib test...
>
> > 2006/11/22, Fedotov, Alexei A <alexei.a.fedotov@intel.com>:
> >> +1

need some help or
from