harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][net] issue H-1879 HttpURLConnectionTest
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:59:01 GMT
Denis,
Thank you for your fix!

Here are few comments. I don't think we need to remove
synchronization. Contrary, I believe we need to fix it somehow.

For example, when wait(5000) expires without notification, this means
that the test fail, and we better should report it right at the same
place.

Digging further we can see that actual accept() calls are not
synchronized at all. There should be someting like conditional
variable to synchronize such events. I will write back when I get an
idea how to do it properly.

A second option is to increase reading timeout set by setSoTimeout -
probably servers do not start fast enough.

Thanks again, Alexei

On 11/21/06, Denis Kishenko <dkishenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexei,
>
> I attached fix to issue, could you try it, please?
>
> 2006/11/21, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
> > Denis wrote,
> > > Yep, Harmony+DRLVM on SuSE
> >
> > A peculiar thing about this test is that it passes on SuSE 10, but
> > fails on SuSE 9 which is used for our regression test runs.
> >
> > --
> > Thank you,
> > Alexei

By