harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][Helper inlining] GC write barrier inline?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:29:47 GMT
Xiao-Feng,

>     /* NOS (nursery object space) is higher in address than other spaces.
>        The boundary currently is produced in GC initialization. It can
> be a constant in future.*/
>     public static final Address NOS_BOUNDARY = getNosBoundary();

JIT inlines static final fields values as consts into the code for
initialized classes today. So it's OK to initialize it on startup.

The important issue we need to discuss is that JIT does not know the details
of implementation of any VM helper. It only knows the semantic of it's
arguments. You wrote 2 args for the helper. Is it a general case?

Another issue is the date to start this work (I mean adding support for this
helper inlining to JIT). I can start this work only next week. Is it OK for
you?

--
Mikhail Fursov