harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][mmtk] location of mmtk.jar that's needed by JIT helper inlining -- did this get resolved?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:50:50 GMT
Weldon,
Thank you for the commit. Allocation helper inlining is enabled by default
in server mode only and does not affect any other mode today. Now it's much
more easy to work on inlining of new helpers - diff is not so massive.

Robin,
I think we can wait. BTW is there any doc about annotations format will be
used in new magics? I ask it because I think we need to have some special
annotations for helpers today too.For example: an annotation that shows that
the method must be inlined into the caller. This can be used when 2 helpers
share a part of code.

Xia-Feng,
My current plan for helpers is to finish new_vector and monenter/monexit
synchronization helpers in a couple of weeks. After it's done I think
load_interface helper could be analysed. If you need WB helper inlined we
can start a separate thread and discuss all of the details: how to write
helper, where to get nursery borders and other data in Java.

> and
> > > vmmagic.sf.netsite
> >

> > Hi Robin,
> >   Are you planning to update vmmagic.sf.net soon? As far as I know, it
> has
> > always been empty. I am not very comfortable on taking an external
> > dependency on a personal website.
>
> hmm... good point.  I just now got harmony-2008 patch applied, built and
> passing tests on Linux 32.  This is the second stab at committing this
> patch.  I'd like to get it out of the way soon.  Unless someone tells me
> stop, I will commit this patch in the next three hours.  Mikhail can fix
> the
> download logistics in another patch.  I just now checked the above two web
> sites.  The download is available from both.
>
> Thanks,
> > Rana
> >

> --
> Weldon Washburn