harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] Moving jet to the top level of drlvm...
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:31:21 GMT
On 11/3/06, Pavel Pervov <pmcfirst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, community,
>
> Working through DRLVM sources I (once again) looked at organization of
> jitrino code.
>
> Actually, there are two JITs hidden inside "jitrino": JET and OPT.
>
> As far as I may observe - these two are code-independent from each other.
>
> JIT-guys, could you comment?

These JITs were written  independently, it's true. But they use common staff
like PMF, logging, EM abstraction. And day after day these JITs have more
interrelationship.
It's always a good idea to make components independent. And it's prematurely
to do it with Jitrino today: you will have a lot of design problems to solve
about stuff I listed above and spend a lot of time for it. So I'm +1 to do
it someday, but -1 to do it this year.  Because you can break more then get
here.

--
Mikhail Fursov