harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti][testing] I want to add JVMTI tests to drlvm commit checks
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:44:46 GMT
On 11/2/06, Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zakirov@intel.com> wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > Why not use junit?
>
> <Junit> task in implicitly assumes that you can
> run all tests in single JVM instance. Though it does provide
> fork-mode to run tests in separate JVM processes, it still
> does not allow per-test JVM args configuration.
>
> Which is exactly what we need for JVMTI tests, as most of the
> test has their own special agent to be run with.

Salikh, the problem you described is very similar to the problem I had to
solve in JIT internal testing framework: run every test in a separate VM.  (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1531)
I've created a class that runs VM, waits until the process is finished,
reads its err and out streams and returns to the junit testcase.
+ Every native JIT test has Java prototype. Do you want to create something
similar? May be we can join our solutions?

--
Mikhail Fursov