harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][PORT] correct API to retrieve processor number
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:55:18 GMT

> Are you using Linux? Don't know why it doesn't work for my Pentium D.
> Actually my Windows seems not show two processors at first, while the
> API may depend on OS. My Linux has no problem with this.
>
> On the other hand, even your case is undesirable for Hyperthreading
> since we probably want more detailed info about processor(s) since
> hyperthreading sometimes wants to be treated differently than real SMP
> (or dual-core).  I believe there is such kind of API available
> somewhere, at least NUMA support of Linux from SGI has it.

I use WindowsXP and here is more detailed info about CPU:
Number of processors  1
Number of cores  1 per processor
Number of threads  2 (max 2) per processor
Name  Intel Pentium 4 660
Code Name  Prescott
Specification  Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
Package  Socket 775 LGA

And I see 2 CPUs in Windows Task Manager.

Did you tried Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors()  ?

--
Mikhail Fursov