harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] How to debug the drlvm with gdb?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 08:10:17 GMT
Thanks Rana!
If you ask me what would I like, the answer is quite simple: as a windows
developer primary (today) I would recommend to other windows developers to
use msvc build (with patch from
HARMONY-1990<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1990>
).
With this patch you can almost forget about build.bat (it used only to fetch
external components + build Java). Most of the internal components
(vmcore,JIT,interpreter,gc_cc,encoder,em,hythread,jthread..) could be built
and debugged from within MSVC much faster than with build.bat without any
code modification with printf(..) and int3-like breakpoints.

I'll add this information to the site after H1990 is commited.

--
Mikhail Fursov