harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nina Rinskaya" <nina.rinsk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Harmony passes 94% on derby tests.
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:15:26 GMT
Hi,

I might have chosen the wrong thread for this message, but this is
about another well-known unit tests suite - Eclipse Unit Tests. I've
recently filed new JIRA issue
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2038) with the ant
script to run EUT on Harmony. Does it make sense to integrate it to
the buildtest module?

For a moment EUT pass rate on Harmony is ~77%. EUT runs results (on
Linux/ia32 and windows/ia32) are being updated on wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Eclipse_Unit_Tests_Pass_on_DRLVM

A number of EUT test cases fail on Harmony because EUT uses some
hard-coded Sun/Jrockit classlibs names. In particular,
org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.util.Util class uses specific paths to
class libraries jar files (<JRE_HOME>/lib/rt.jar, for example).
org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.runtime.*VMLauncher classes use "javaw" as
vm executable name that is missing in Harmony bundle. So what I would
like to do now is to patch EUT to invoke Harmony correctly if it is ok
with everyone here.

Best regards,
Nina