harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][mmtk] location of mmtk.jar that's needed by JIT helper inlining -- did this get resolved?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:03:03 GMT
Mikhail, are you planning to implement the write-barrier inlining?
That is necessary for GCv5 to be reasonably performing. The fast path
for write barrier is very simple: just checking parameter p_target is
smaller than nursery boudary and p_slot is not smaller. If the
checking returns true, a slow path native function is called;
otherwise it simply returns. The nursery space boundary can be a
compilation time constant (at the moment, it's a variable with a
constant value that is initialized by after gc initialization).

Thanks,
xiaofeng