harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] Moving jet to the top level of drlvm...
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:21:26 GMT
Agreed. Without the explanation of JET as only a fast path, I also
thought JET and OPT are two different JITs. And actually as I can
recall, JET and OPT are indeed treated as two different JITs that the
EM can select in the JITs chain.

Honestly, "different paths" give me an impression that they are
different JITs, unless they share many common compilation steps
(passes). If they start from different IR and end in different
emitter, it would be hard to convince people they are only different
paths of the same JIT.

But anyway, this is only my observation. JIT developers decide how to
modularize JIT.

Thanks,
xiaofeng