harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][PORT] correct API to retrieve processor number
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:43:19 GMT
Are you using Linux? Don't know why it doesn't work for my Pentium D.
Actually my Windows seems not show two processors at first, while the
API may depend on OS. My Linux has no problem with this.

On the other hand, even your case is undesirable for Hyperthreading
since we probably want more detailed info about processor(s) since
hyperthreading sometimes wants to be treated differently than real SMP
(or dual-core).  I believe there is such kind of API available
somewhere, at least NUMA support of Linux from SGI has it.

Anyway before a more comprehensive API available, I really hope PORT
can have my Windows + PentiumD give me two processors. Maybe this
question should go to APR mailing list?

Thanks,
xiaofeng