harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] aiming no regression
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 05:19:49 GMT
seems like we need to refersh our agreements aiming better stability.
There are questions to discuss and decision to be made.

1) We have exclude list for each paltform and for two VMs. We have
discussed a separation of the common part but did not reach any
agreement. To make fixing  VM- and platform-specific bugs easier I
suggest that we agree to separate a
common part.

2) Usually committers check the classlib patches on J9 and then
commit. At this point checking the patches on DRLVM is not that
convinient so at the moment we don't ask committers to do classlib
pre-commit testing on DRLVM.

3) CC should report each time state changes (pass to fail or fail to
pass) and each
time failure reason changed. Failure reason may change because some
committers could miss failure notifiaction and do commit. Until we are
able to say that failure reason has changed we report each failure and
only the first success.

4) We have cruise controls running classlibrary tests on DRLVM. We
need to decide what will we do when DRLVM+Classlib cruise control
reports failure.
IMHO It's pretty obvious that before we have found a commit causing that
we stop further commits.

5) If the cause of failure is DRLVM commit than it's pretty obvious
that we roll it back.

6) If the cause is Classlib test commit than we check wether the test
is valid (e.g. run it on RI) and not VM-specific. If the test is valid
we exclude it in DRLVM exclude list. If the test is invalid or
VM-specific we roll it back or fix ASAP.

7) If the cause is a Classlib commit then this commit either reveals
existing problem in DRLVM or introduces a regression. I don't have
strong preferences here whether we'd better exclude the test or roll
the commit back

8) We may also advise that committers don't commit changes just before
going sleep or vacation. They should wait reasonable time to receive
CC failure report if any. The problem is "reasonable time" is hardly



View raw message