harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][test] isHarmony method in the swing tests
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 05:50:09 GMT
2006/11/23, Ivanov, Alexey A <alexey.a.ivanov@intel.com>:
> Almost all new tests discover the incompatibilities.
>
> I think the exception doesn't matter much here 'cause passing null
> string causes NPE on both Harmony and RI. But because RI validates
> offset earlier, BadLocationException is thrown.
>
> I see no reason to validate offset earlier because it'll lead to
> duplication in code.

According to our conventions [1] we should follow RI's behavior here. May be
it's not the biggest problem at the moment, but we should not hide it.

So I'm -1 for integrating the test that hides the problem.

Thanks,
Mikhail

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Exception-throwing_compatibility

Or the code should be re-designed to avoid