harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][unit] 100% of class library tests pass
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:16:20 GMT
Well let's see how often we will break CI systems. If we break
it twice a day then pre-commit testing needs to be strengthened.

BTW if compile in release mode then all classlib tests run 35 minutes
on DRLVM. Once we fix DRLVM to run with the fork mode "once"
it will be even faster...

Thanks,
Mikhail

> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > why not?
>
> Because the full-stack testing is appropriate for CI systems that are
> running full-time to catch bugs. That's what our build-test
> infrastructure is all about.
>
> Asking DRLVM developers (and conversely, classlib developers) to run 1+
> hours of tests for even the smallest commits is a waste of time.  We
> simply need to balance efficiency (targeted testing when you make a fix)
> with the dedication to have a rapid response when the CI systems find a
> problem.
>
> geir

> >> testing

> >> "test"
> >>
> >> Adding classlib unit tests to DRLVM test target?  No thanks :)
> >>
> >> geir

> >> unit
> >> this):

> >> patches