harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nikolay Kuznetsov" <nikolay.kuznet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Is it time to say goodbye to dear friend GC v4?
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:36:00 GMT
Let me answer for Artem :), he is on vacation and most probably won't
answer soon.
We do occasionally use GCv4 to verify some threading issues, since
native threading resource allocation depends on "weak references".
Thus I would agree with Ivan, that sometimes it is helpful to switch
to different code base(which is handy and considered to be stable
enough), but if gcv4 won't be supported any more why don't drop it
having in mind that one can always take older revisions from SVN.

+1 for dropping GCv4

Nik.