harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][swing] test code changes
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:58:57 GMT

Instead
>> > of running all tests that match "**/*Test*.java", I changed it to
>> > match "**/*Test.java" so that these two classes wouldn't be picked
up.

>> Why wouldn't you simply rename them?
>
>We could, but just so everyone knows, combined these two classes are
>used as the base class of essentially every test in the swing module.
>Also, I'm not sure what would be a better name, as these abstract
>classes extend TestCase and add "swing" features.

They shouldn't be renamed because these classes have no tests -- they
are just support classes which provide additional methods, features to
support Swing testing. And SwingTestCase ensures setUp(), tearDown(),
and test methods are executed on Event Dispatch Thread. (Swing is not
thread-safe!)
Because these classes have no tests, they are marked abstract so that
they can't be instantiated directly.

I am for keeping the pattern "**/*Test.java". But as far as I remember
there are several test cases which names ends in "...Tests.java" -- they
should be renamed. I can provide a list, if necessary.

Thank you, Nathan.

Regards,
Alexey.

--