harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][awt] Does Harmony awt support "win.xpstyle.dllName" desktop property in windows XP?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 07:19:26 GMT
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Andrew Zhang [mailto:zhanghuangzhu@gmail.com]
>Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:51 AM
>To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Re: [classlib][awt] Does Harmony awt support
"win.xpstyle.dllName"
>desktop property in windows XP?
>
>On 11/9/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Andrew, you know a way! File a JIRA :)
>

>ya, done, Harmony-2116.
>
>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2116

JIRAs are good, however, notifying dev-list of a problem is a good thing
too because it attracts more attention to that problem.

So if one considers a problem is important, it's better to send a
message to dev-list as well as to create a JIRA issue.

Regards,
Alexey.

>2006/11/9, Andrew Zhang <zhanghuangzhu@gmail.com>:
>> > Thanks Dmitry and Paulex.
>> >
>> > After applying Harmony-1887 patch, it returns valid property value.
>> >
>> > But there's another problem. Running following code against Harmony
>will
>> > print NPE while RI returns silently.
>> >
>> > public static void main(String[] args) {
>> >  MyToolkit myToolkit = new MyToolkit();
>> >  myToolkit.initializeDesktopProperties();
>> >  Map props = myToolkit.getDesktopProperties();
>> >  }
>> >
>> > MyToolkit extends Toolkit, implements all abstract methods by
default
>> except
>> > following two methods:
>> > public Map getDesktopProperties() {
>> >  return desktopProperties;
>> >  }
>> >  public void initializeDesktopProperties() {
>> >  super.initializeDesktopProperties();
>> >  }
>> >
>> > The output against Harmony:
>> > java.lang.NullPointerException
>> >  at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.runModalLoop(EventDispatchThread.java

--
Alexey A. Ivanov
Intel Middleware Product Division