harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivanov, Alexey A" <alexey.a.iva...@intel.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r472115 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/swing/src/main/java/common/javax/swing/text/GapContent.java
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:43:33 GMT

If a volunteer wants to make Harmony implementation of
GapContent.replace() compatible with RI, they will provide many tests -
to test all invalid and edge situations to ensure the behaviour is
*compatible* - along with patch. And I see no reason to stop them.
(However, I believe a volunteer will search JIRA for GapContent before
starting this work. And then they face this bug.)

On the other hand, I hardly imagine an application depends on this
functionality. That's why I haven't fixed it myself.

>In our case we decided not to follow RI and do nothing for invalid
>parameters. So a regression test should verify that Harmony silently
>ignores
>bad parameters.

It may make sense.

>BWT, HARMONY-1809 should be marked as "non-bug difference from RI".

I'm against this.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/17837/focus=17837
>> The related JIRA issues:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1809