harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Denis Kishenko" <dkishe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][net] issue H-1879 HttpURLConnectionTest
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:03:01 GMT
Alexei,

Yep, syncronization is necessary but not such way.

As you said, test try to control server/proxy starting using
bound.wait(5000). It looks like on linux server/proxy thread started
eallier then on winxp.

In other words, what we are waiting for
1. start server thread
2. bound.wait
3. bound.notify
4. start proxy thread
5. bound.wait
6. bound.notify
7. connect
but we have on linux
1. start server thread
2. bound.notify
3. bound.wait
---- wait 5 seconds -----
4. start proxy thread
5. bound.notify
6. bound.wait
---- wait 5 seconds -----
7. connect

So we try to connect when proxy closed.

2006/11/21, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
> Denis,
> Thank you for your fix!
>
> Here are few comments. I don't think we need to remove
> synchronization. Contrary, I believe we need to fix it somehow.
>
> For example, when wait(5000) expires without notification, this means
> that the test fail, and we better should report it right at the same
> place.
>
> Digging further we can see that actual accept() calls are not
> synchronized at all. There should be someting like conditional
> variable to synchronize such events. I will write back when I get an
> idea how to do it properly.
>
> A second option is to increase reading timeout set by setSoTimeout -
> probably servers do not start fast enough.
>
> Thanks again, Alexei
>

> On 11/21/06, Denis Kishenko <dkishenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Alexei,
> >
> > I attached fix to issue, could you try it, please?
> >
> > 2006/11/21, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>:
> > > Denis wrote,
> > >
> > > A peculiar thing about this test is that it passes on SuSE 10, but
> > > fails on SuSE 9 which is used for our regression test runs.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thank you,
> > > Alexei

Method)