harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [general] New dependency for ant/lib (was Re: [drlvm][classlib unit tests] iterative runs)
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:06:45 GMT

--- "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> First question - is there a way to dynamically add
> via cmdline or -ish
> things to the classpath for ant? (Paging Matt
> Benson...)

Here I am... :)  via command line is easy:

-lib dir-or-jar

There is also
http://enitsys.sourceforge.net/ant-classloadertask/
which might be of use but still results in the same
ultimate problem of adding THAT library instead of
another.  On ant-dev we have a dead discussion of a
similar task that could be shipped with Ant; I'm about
to resurrect that thread one last time and we'll see
what can be done for 1.7, if anything.

> Second - if not, can we do the equiv of an exec()
> with ant ?  create a
> 'top level' build.xml that when invoked, fixes up
> the classpath and
> re-invokes ant using the new classpath, passing
> through all command line
> params and targets?

You said "if not," but I'll address this anyway:  You
can <java
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher"> or
<java classname="org.apache.tools.ant.Main">, but you
are on your own to keep up with the appropriate
command-line parameters.  :(  Not ideal IMO.

HTH,
Matt
[SNIP]

Want to start your own business?