harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject [general][testing] need a piece of advise: how we can handle VM crashes
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:07:16 GMT
Hi,

I want to discuss one issue: we have a little bit unstable runtime and
sometimes test run leads to the VM crash. It is not a good but an one worse
thing that the build status will be reported as "successful" in this case.
It is happen because the test result file is empty and just ignore when the
junit prepare the final report.

It is should be fixed.

Which way to fix it more preferable:

 - extend the junit task to verify size of report file (for fork=yes mode);

 - prepare the special task to find all zero-length or missed report files
(run after all tests);

 - prepare small scripts to verify reports and run them through the 'exec';

 - something else?

 thanks, Vladimir