harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 05:45:40 GMT

> Vladimir Ivanov wrote:
> > As part of solution for this issue the
> > *HARMONY-2197*<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2197> was
> > created.
> >
> > I suggest using the separate exclude list for each platform. I hope in
> this
> > case the test enabling for the different platforms will be easy. Please,
> > look at it.
> >
> > Any comments are welcome :)
>
> Maybe a dumb question by why hard-code
>
> <property name="hy.test.vm.name" value="ibm" />
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to look at the java.vm.name, maybe mapped to
> a short form suitable as a directory name?

Actually, this property is defined before the test run by Ant's VM. In my
case it is

'Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM'.

As variant, the java from 'test.jre.home' may be run with "-version" option
and output may be parsed and mapped to some value. In this case all Harmony
VM should support this option and print different messages. Is it OK?

I suggest implementing version with hard coded vm name and than extend it by
auto-detecting capability.

 Thanks, Vladimir