harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general][tests]To restrict the side-effect of junit tests by launching it in a different VM.
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:21:00 GMT
On 11/27/06, Leo Li wrote:

> Hi, all:
>     During fixing the bug of Harmony-2249, I found that the testcase in
> one
> junit test file might lead to other fail in a different junit file. After
> digging into it, I am aware that testcase can influence the global state
> of
> a VM, for example, the resolution of class (both RI and Harmony have
> similar
> behavior). Although I changed the testcase as a workaround,  it is not
> tested so thoroughly as I expected in order not to lead other tests to
> fail.

If a test's execution influence of VM state and this is critical for other
test then the test can fork VM (via Support_Exec.execJava()) and do all
testing in the forked VM.

Thanks,
Stepan.

   So I recommend if we can specify some testcase that should run in junit

--
Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division