harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r472115 - /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/swing/src/main/java/common/javax/swing/text/GapContent.java
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:08:53 GMT
On 11/8/06, Ivanov, Alexey A wrote:

> Stepan,
>
> I must be missing something obvious...
> What kind of regression test do you expect?

My logic is quite straightforward: the best way to fix a decision is to
create a regression test. For example, if another volunteer find out that
Harmony implementation of GapContent differ from RI's and propose a patch to
fix it will any test remind him (or committer) about the decision?

In our case we decided not to follow RI and do nothing for invalid
parameters. So a regression test should verify that Harmony silently ignores
bad parameters.

BWT, HARMONY-1809 should be marked as "non-bug difference from RI".

Thanks,
Stepan.

What was done is the signature of the GapContent.replace had been

--
Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division