harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Chernyshev" <a.y.chernys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][concurrent] Complete support?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:31:04 GMT
> Nathan Beyer wrote:
> > Instead of continuing to add functionality to the DRLVM-specific
> > Atomics class, I'd like to get a consensus on the Threads/Objects
> > (include CAS operations) interfaces in luni-kernel. Then we can get

Seems like last time we converged that the accessors package has to be
complemented with atomic/volatile operations, but pure-JNI and
VM-dependent pieces have to be kept separately (pure pieces would have
to go to the luni and VM-dependent pieces would go to kernel). Each
accessor also needs to be made singleton with the security check
incorporated. Is my understanding correct?

The proposed "Threads" interface was just fine.  Nathan, will you be
also proposing updates for the accessor interfaces?

Thanks,
Andrey.

--
Andrey Chernyshev