harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][pack200] Status update (again)
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:09:53 GMT
Good news, everyone!

I've managed to get multiple interfaces extracted from a Pack200
archive, along with methods, exceptions, interfaces and constant
values (char etc.) The next step is to decode bytecodes, but there's a
fair bit of work involved in reconstituting the bytecode part of it
(so non-abstract methods or non-constant initialisers still don't
work).

Anyway, the current code is in Harmony-2246 but I'm likely to take a
brief hiatus. It would be good if the patch could be applied
(successfully this time :-) before I pick up the next bit of work.

I'd also like to get the pack200 code moved out of the archive module
and into its own module, and after applying this patch sounds like a
good time to do this. If someone can help me with the creation of a
new module (e.g. archive-pack200), that would be good.

Alex.