harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: [classlib][pack200] Status update
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:20:31 GMT
On 14/11/06, Alexei Zakharov <alexei.zakharov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aha, I see. But in JDBC you can at least call
> Class.forName(MyJDBCDriverClass, true, *MyClassLoader*).

Well, you'll also be able to instantiate the Pack200 Harmony code
using direct instantiation like that too. In fact, it will be
necessary to do this if you want to use it to run against a
(non-Harmony) JRE prior to 1.5, because there weren't the factory
classes in those VMs :-)

I'd imagine that most people who end up using the code will be
directly instantiating it to avoid a dependency on Java 1.5, or of
course using it inside Harmony :-)

Alex.