harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Garner" <robin.gar...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: [drlvm][mmtk] location of mmtk.jar that's needed by JIT helper inlining -- did this get resolved?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:35:41 GMT
> Weldon,
> Thank you for the commit. Allocation helper inlining is enabled by default
> in server mode only and does not affect any other mode today. Now it's
> much
> more easy to work on inlining of new helpers - diff is not so massive.
>
> Robin,
> I think we can wait. BTW is there any doc about annotations format will be
> used in new magics? I ask it because I think we need to have some special
> annotations for helpers today too.For example: an annotation that shows
> that
> the method must be inlined into the caller. This can be used when 2
> helpers
> share a part of code.

So far we are keeping it as close to the original as possible.  The two
forms of Uninterruptible have gone from

class xyz implements Uninterruptible
public type method() throws UninterruptiblePragma

@Uninterruptible class xyz
@Uninterruptible method()

so the InlinePragma, NoInlinePragma etc. should work the same way.

cheers