harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [general] upcoming snapshot (JDK this time)
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:33:16 GMT
>The kind of docs that would be appropriate are the docs you get with
>Sun's JDK, and to be frank, I think that's one single README.html :)

We can have a similar starting-point webpage with an intro. I can write
such a page. Some website pages can be relevant as well. We can rewrite
the relevant parts in the starting page or include them in the snapshot
as they are. Suggested pages to be included with the build:
- Quickhelp_users.html - how to start using the snapshot, configure env.
etc
- Status.html and roadmap.html - info on what to expect from the
snapshot
- Faq.html - common questions on the project
- Documentation.html - links to all docs that we have

>I think a page of docs with links back to our "universe" would be cool,
>but I'm not sure what a user would get out of a full set of docs.  But
>that said, I don't see much real harm if it isn't too big...  how big
is
>it?
I guess the component docs weigh the most because they have graphics.
Classlib docs amount to 1.29Mb, drlvm docs to over 3Mb.

Cheers,
Nadya

I'm