harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [doc] What should be improved in DRLVM Doxygen documentation?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:49:36 GMT
Mikhail,
Do you think it is part of 'culture' to update a comment when changing
behavior of its function? Otherwise, you can erase all comments
altogether since you don't guarantee they're up-to-date :)

Thank you,
Nadya Morozova

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikhail Fursov [mailto:mike.fursov@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 4:30 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [doc] What should be improved in DRLVM Doxygen
documentation?

On 07 Nov 2006 19:08:35 +0600, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Another problem: anyone who changes a document behaviour must update
> > comments too :(
>
> excuse me, what is "document behaviour"? :)

Read it as 'method/function behaviour'.  I mean if you have good
comments in
file you can't submit a patch with code refactoring without update in
comments. Does it become a new requirement?

IMO we should start to collect metrics and add comments for
intercomponent
interfaces only (vm/include/*).

--
Mikhail Fursov