harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [classlib][portlib] Docs?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:15:41 GMT
My two cents and food for programmer's thought:

1. Doxygen can get the version from a versioning system. Quote from
manual:
The FILE_VERSION_FILTER tag can be used to specify a program or script
that doxygen should invoke to get the current version for each file
(typically from the version control system). Doxygen will invoke the
program by executing (via popen()) the command command input-file, where
command is the value of the FILE_VERSION_FILTER tag, and input-file is
the name of an input file provided by doxygen. Whatever the program
writes to standard output is used as the file version.
Example of using a shell script as a filter for Unix:

 FILE_VERSION_FILTER = "/bin/sh versionfilter.sh"

Example shell script for Subversion:

#!/bin/sh
svn stat -v $1 | sed -n 's/^[ A-Z?\*|!]\{1,15\}/r/;s/ \{1,15\}/\/r/;s/
.*//p'

2. Doxygen can process a custom header/footer to display the info you
need. Quote from manual:
HTML_FOOTER
The HTML_FOOTER tag can be used to specify a user-defined HTML footer
for each generated HTML page. To get valid HTML the footer file should
contain at least a </BODY> and a </HTML> tag. The following commands
have a special meaning inside the footer: $title, $datetime, $date,
$doxygenversion, $projectname, $projectnumber. Doxygen will replace them
by respectively the title of the page, the current date and time, only
the current date, the version number of doxygen, the project name (see
PROJECT_NAME), or the project number (see PROJECT_NUMBER).

Thank you,
Nadya Morozova