harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Winx86 platform support
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:48:29 GMT
This port would be really good to have, but not urgent. Obviously, the
biggest change is in the JIT. At the moment, I think that we should focus on
stabilizing and performing on the 3 major platforms we are functional on.
The IPF port is also in progress. However, with the Vista releases early
next year? ( 32 and 64 bits ), 64 bit Windows will be a major platform and
we will need to be on it. I am going to start going thru DRLVM to identify
functional areas and implementation that need to change, play around with
the Microsoft 64 bit toolsets( ML64 assembler, CL, LINK, Visual Studio 64
bit ) etc. and start putting together a Windows64 porting guide on the Wiki.
Or is it too early to do this?

Thanks.