harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm]kernel test
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 05:59:01 GMT
Hi,
   On Windows XP, java.lang.ThreadTest ( testJoinlongint component ) keeps
failing for me sporadically. Debugging this, I saw that the problem was with
the expiry interval on thread.join(millis, nanos ). Tests based on timed
waits are somewhat unpredictable on most platforms.
  In condvar_wait_impl(), we seem to set up the timeout interval in
microseconds before calling apr_thread_cond_timeout(). On Windows,
apr_thread_cond_timeout() implements using WaitForSingleObject( event,
timeout )....but the Windows timeout is in milliseconds, as far as I know.
Is this not an error, or am I missing something? I did not want to change
anything since condvar_wait_impl() is on the code path of several timed
waits.
  Also, on a less important note, the tests testJoinLong() and
testJoinLongint() seem to test to see that the thread.join(milli, nano)
timeout is "at least" equal to the specified interval. My understanding is
that this should be "at most" the specified interval. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rana