harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] dynamic object layout
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:04:28 GMT
Again, this makes sense. Functional completenes is needed, but over a
period, based on when we want to release. Identifying a couple of milestones
before 1.0 for which we choose features to complete, and performance
objectives can help. For each, we can add a bug-fix/stability period.
Branching that happens at the start and end of each milestone automatically
improves stability.
In addition, as Etienne mentions, we should not hesitate to use branches to
partition new platforms, large new development etc. For example GCv5 is
effectively in a branch currently. It is not executed without a specific
command line option and is not picked up by our regular test runs.