harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] General stability
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:42:26 GMT
+1

This makes more sense than putting a sudden unannounced stop to new
features. Possibly Weldon means "on a case by case basis after risk
assessment". However, announced stability periods at the end of milestones
is a good practice. For example, since we have been focussing on development
for a while, and there are many open JIRA bugs, we could consider rounding
off the year with a "no new features and only bugfixing" period for 3-4
weeks starting December 1, to round off the year. We can fork and create a
development branch to support some new work during this period. Going
forward, we can try to plan for milestones and repeat this
plan-development-stabilization process.

Thanks,
Rana