harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Neverov" <ilya.neve...@gmail.com>
Subject [jdktools] svn commit r479920 - build and src tree
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:02:04 GMT
Hi Geir,

I eventually managed to build 'jdktools' created in your commit [1] in
context of harmony-hdk-r468731 but the 'test' target failed - will try
to resolve tomorrow.

I'd like to understand future evolution of the 'jdktools' - could you
please comment the items below.

1) Do we need separate jdk/lib/tools.jar and jdk/jre/lib/jretools.jar?
I guess it's too early to think about separate Harmony-jre bundle so
all jdktools can yet go into single tools.jar.

2) Do we need a possibility to build/test jdktools without building
classlib (using harmony-hdk bundles) ? This feature can be useful for
people who want to work with some tool sources only.

3) Do we need selective build feature like '-Dbuild.module= ' for
classlib. Again it will be very useful for people working for example
on jdwp/ module.

I'm going to proceed with current state of the jdktools/ sources to
provide features 2) and 3) and it would be nice to know your plans in
this area.

Thank you.

r479920 | geirm | 2006-11-28 11:58:10 +0600 (Tue, 28 Nov 2006) | 4 lines

copied the high-level build files from classlib
and modified to just build launcher and tools jars

View raw message