harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Neverov" <ilya.neve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] creation of "jdktools"
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:52:20 GMT
Hi, see below.

On 11/12/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/11/06, Ilya Neverov <ilya.neverov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [skip]

> > > yes - think of the same trick we do w/ DRLVM to "reach over" to find it.
> > >  I'd imagine the federated build to then have :
> > >
> > >    trunk/
> > >       working_classlib/
> > >       working_vm/
> > >       working_jdktools/
> > >

> > Commiters,
> >
> > Could you please create empty directory "trunk/working_jdktools".
> >
> > I need it to check building jdktools as part of the federated build.
> > Without having the "working_jdktools/" in the repository the moving
> > sources and patching buiild files would require additional manual
> > steps.
> >
> > Thank you.
> > -Ilya
> >

> Are you sure? Assuming you checkout the "trunk" folder, can't you just
> create the "working_jdktools" folder in your working copy and "svn
> add" it and then perform all of the moves, etc and then create the
> diff from that. I may be wrong, but I think I've done this before with
> SVN.

I tried that way but got the svn error on Windows 2003:
A    trunk\sandbox\geir\build.xml
Checked out revision 473980.
> mkdir trunk\working_jdktools
> svn add trunk\working_jdktools
A         trunk\working_jdktools
> svn switch -r HEAD "https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/jdktools/trunk"
trunk\working_jdktools
svn: Failed to add directory 'trunk\working_jdktools': object of the
same name already exists

Looks like that 'svn switch' can be done for committed dir only;
probably the ' schedule="add" ' attribute is erased during the switch
operation.

I'm trying to prepare modifications which can be committed at once to
create single revision for the jdktools source move. Currently I use
simple
    'svn co "..../jdktools/trunk"  trunk\working_jdktools'
for build checks and such workspace structure would require separate
commits for trunk/working_jdktools and for jdktools/trunk. So I have
to ask for this preparation step.

> If not, we can certainly whip it up quick. Would you mind posting the
> full URL of the folder to create, so we don't screw it up (meaning, so
> I don't screw it up).

Empty dir

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/trunk/working_jdktools

is asked to be created.