harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Is it time to say goodbye to dear friend GC v4?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 04:44:12 GMT

> Is there any reason to keep this around in the main branch?

Actually, this brings up something I have been meaning to do for a few days
-- ask for volunteer(s) to help with the MMTk port.  It turns out that the
current MMTk port depends on the underlying GC to create a 450MB
array.  This big array is used as MMTk's "user-level" java heap.  The
solution of course is to dump GCV4 and also complete the MMTk port.

It seems I am spending most of my time committing drlvm patches, discussing
VM architecture issues and dealing with stability issues.  It does not look
like I will get around to working on MMTk port for a while :(  However, I
can certainly show volunteers how to pick up the MMTk port and run with it
:)  Basically what needs to be done is in the email of Oct 23 titled,
"[DRLVM][MMTk] current status and plan".  I will run a seperate email asking
for volunteers to work on MMTk port.

--
Weldon Washburn