harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][test] isHarmony method in the swing tests
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:20:46 GMT

> Why we expect different exceptions? I think this test
> discovers incompatibility and should be just fixed to expect the same
> exception

Agree. If Harmony implementation is more reasonable, it's ok to write a test
which passes against Harmony while breaks RI. And actually there're so many
such tests existings in current code, and we mark it as "Non difference bug
from RI".  So IMO, making test pass on both Harmony and RI makes no sense.

Thanks,

--
Best regards,
Andrew Zhang