harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Zhang" <zhanghuang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Does Harmony awt support "win.xpstyle.dllName" desktop property in windows XP?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:04:28 GMT
Thanks Dmitry and Paulex.

After applying Harmony-1887 patch, it returns valid property value.

But there's another problem. Running following code against Harmony will
print NPE while RI returns silently.

  MyToolkit myToolkit = new MyToolkit();
  myToolkit.initializeDesktopProperties();
  Map props = myToolkit.getDesktopProperties();
 }

MyToolkit extends Toolkit, implements all abstract methods by default except
following two methods:
public Map getDesktopProperties() {
  return desktopProperties;
 }
 public void initializeDesktopProperties() {
  super.initializeDesktopProperties();
 }

The output against Harmony:
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.runModalLoop(EventDispatchThread.java:73)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:48)