harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [doc][drlvm] The document "Getting started with DRL" is outdated
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:13:33 GMT
On 11/9/06, Morozova, Nadezhda <nadezhda.morozova@intel.com> wrote:

> Egor,
> +1 for
> Just idea: "Getting Started" may contain a collection of links to the
> main website and other resources with short descriptions ("Site Map"
> or something) so that people are comfortable floating around in the web.

We already have one page having links to the resources about DRLVM:
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/drlvm/index.html
Why do you think we need another one?

+1 for
> * preparing the "Commonly Used Options for DRLVM" (omitting the word
> "supported" intentionally)
> Question on this one: will the page contain vm-only options? What about
> JIT, GC, other? I'd have them all in one place, but we have separate
> docs for EM/jit stuff. What do you say?

I think we can describe basic options for every component there. Only those
that might be interesting for any user. The place for other options is in
the run-time help or Developer's Guide for a component.

Thanks,
Pavel

Thank you,