harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject [doc][drlvm] The document "Getting started with DRL" is outdated
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:22:00 GMT
Hello all,
I've read through the "Getting Started with
DRL<http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/drlvm/getting_started.html>"
document on the Harmony web and found it completely outdated, for example:

   - the term DRL is used instead of DRLVM
   - eclipse.bat and eclipse.sh are obsolete – we don't need them anymore
   to run Eclipse. It can be started with DRLVM the same way as with any other
   VM.
   - We don't need to set PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH anymore, at least on
   Windows/MSVC
   - ij was renamed to java

We took a big step to unification with other Java VMs and now
we don't need anything specific to run Eclipse, for example. After removing
all irrelevant info the document would contain only the list of command-line
options. I think we can move this list to a separate document (Wiki,
Developer's Guide?) and remove the "Getting Started" itself.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Pavel
<http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/drlvm/getting_started.html>