harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Ozhdikhin" <pavel.ozhdik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] Moving jet to the top level of drlvm...
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 06:37:26 GMT
-1 to separating Jitrino.JET and Jitrino.OPT.
As Mikhail and Alex said, JET and OPT share their code in many areas. So, to
achieve true modularity separating them we'll need either to duplicate
shared code or "externalize" internal JIT interfaces. The former is
definitely bad and the latter implies introducing some public JIT-JIT
interface and putting the shared code top-level as well. This shared
code actually might not be necessary for other JIT implementations. So I'd
leave Jitrino dir as a home for the Jitrino family. Any new JIT
implementation which won't re-use internal Jitrino code may go to the
top-level dir.

Thank you,
Pavel