harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jdktools] update
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:00:41 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> 1) I have a simple but working version of a 'launcher launcher' now in
> jdktools, called 'samsa'.

Cool -- its been on my to-do list long enough that it was probably not
going to reach the top <g>

> It's designed to live in jdk/bin under different names (javac, javap,
> java...) and simply do the Right Thing to invoke the jre/bin java with
> the right classpath and tool class specified.

Yep.  I see a bunch of hard-coded jars listed in there, which is fine
for now, but we may want to move to the service provider model that we
discussed ages ago, so we can drop in new implementations.

> Right now, we have 'javac' for linux :) and I'll test more tomorrow, and
> port to Windows tomorrow.
>
> 2) I'll test (launcher) and finish (jpda) the native builds under
> windows tomorrow.
>
> This should give us enough for our first JDK snapshot, which I hope to
> do this weekend.

Great.  Remember the list of comments I had for the previous snapshot?
If not I can point to them.

Regards,
Tim

--