harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [wiki] a draft of installation guide in Chinese
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:39:33 GMT
Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> Hi, for people who like reading Chinese, below is the Harmony
> installation guide in Chinese.
> http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Harmony%20%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E5%B8%AE%E5%8A%A9

Cool! Cannot welcome more from me:-)

Just had a quick look, really well done! and some of my thoughts:
1. it seems document only for windows, maybe we should mention this in
the title?
2. section 3, "cd trunk ant populate_source"-> "cd trunk <newline> ant
populate_source" I suppose?
3. section 5, seems doxygen isn't mentioned later....IMHO, it can be
moved to the end of this document, as an optional step, if user want to
generate the documents themselves, they can install doxygen, go to some
directory(like classlib/doc), and input "ant doxygen" or so to get it.
4. section  6.c, if "ant fetch-depends" failed, maybe we can provide
some suggestions on how to find the cause(like 7.e)? for example, they
may need to set proxy by ANT_OPT, etc, at least we can say: you can send
your error message to Harmony mailing list for help...

> Thanks to the content contributors:  Yu Zhang, Tingpeng Wu, and Ming Fu.
Thanks, too:)

> Let's expect more Harmony pages in other languages. :-)
+1

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab